Heat pumps are a type of innovative HVAC system that offers numerous benefits that homeowners may not be aware of. Therefore, if you’re on the fence about whether or not to install this type of equipment in your home, take a look at some of these advantages in more detail below:
· Energy Efficiency: Heat pump systems are incredibly energy efficient because of their ability to transfer heat from one area to another without actually producing heat. When compared to conventional air conditioning and heating systems, this can result in substantial savings in energy costs.
· Reduced Utility Bills: Because heat pumps are efficient, they can result in lower cooling and heating bills, allowing homeowners to save money on their energy bills over time.
· Dual Heating and Cooling: Heat pumps offer both heating and cooling capabilities in a single system, making them versatile as well as affordable all year. Environmentally Friendly: Heat pumps emit a smaller amount of greenhouse gases than traditional heating methods such as furnaces or boilers, lowering your carbon footprint.
· Consistent Comfort: Heat pumps provide uniform heating and cooling, resulting in a more even ambient temperature throughout the entirety of the house.
· Zoning Capability: Some heat pump systems support zoning, meaning that you are able to control the amount of heat in a number of locations or rooms of your home, improving comfort and cost-effectiveness.
· Longer Lifespan: Heat pumps have a much longer lifespan than conventional HVAC systems, which means they can provide dependable heating and cooling for a more extended period of time.
· Safety: Heat pumps do not use combustion, so there is no threat of gas leaks or carbon monoxide poisoning.
· Dehumidification: When in its cooling setting, heat pumps help to dehumidify the air in your home, which improves comfort in hot, humid weather.
· Incentives and Rebates: There are many provincial and federal incentives and rebates for installing energy-efficient heat pumps, making them less expensive to buy and install.
Is a heat pump something you want to invest in for your home in Edmonton? If so, we recommend scheduling a consultation appointment with a home comfort advisor from our team! We offer same-day and next-day installation appointments during cold snaps and heat waves! Additionally, if you’re interested in saving money on your new heat pump, ask us about our incredible discounts and financing options!
Homeowners in Edmonton will also receive a complimentary new system purchase quote from a certified home comfort advisor during their at-home consultation!
At Romaniuk Heating and Air Conditioning, we take great pride in our 30 years of industry experience. Our team consists of highly skilled and certified technicians and home comfort advisors who have a wealth of experience selecting and installing heat pumps for all types of homes.
Our technicians are industry-certified and receive specialized training to keep up with the most up-to-date equipment and the latest techniques in heat pump installation. We are well-equipped to handle the unique demands of each project no matter what gets thrown our way.
When you choose Romaniuk Heating and Air Conditioning, you can be confident that quality, accuracy, and reliability are at the top of our priority list. We recognize the significance of a dependable and consistent heat pump operation. That is why we carefully prepare and carry out each installation meticulously, leaving no room for error.
Because of our team’s attention to detail and commitment to client satisfaction, your heat pump will be installed safely and efficiently, delivering best-in-class performance and energy savings. We are dedicated to providing you with the best service possible and making sure that the investment you make in a heat pump will give you years of dependable comfort.
Trust Romaniuk Heating and Air Conditioning with your heat pump installation and see how much of an impact our knowledge and expertise can make in the heating and cooling efficiency of your Edmonton home.
For all repair needs, our team is available 24/7/365 days a year, including after-hours, weekends, and holidays at no extra cost! We also offer same-day and next-day installation appointments if your current heating or cooling system breaks down during a heat wave or cold snap!
Looking to save money on your new equipment? Ask us about our discounts and financing options! You’ll even get a free new system purchase quote from one of our home comfort advisors!
Questions about Romaniuk’s residential heat pump installation services? Get answers here!
Do you still need a furnace with a heat pump?
It depends on where you live. Canada’s vast geography includes a variety of climate zones. In a lot of cases, a heat pump can provide efficient year-round air conditioners and heaters without the need for backup heating in milder coastal areas like British Columbia. However, for those in Alberta, a supplementary heating system with a heat pump may be your best option.
During the harsh winter months throughout Edmonton, when outdoor temperatures drop well below freezing, the efficiency of an air-source heat pump can suffer significantly as the amount of heat energy in the exterior air is limited. This means that your heat pump will have to work incredibly hard to keep up with your home’s heat demands. In turn, you’re going to be using more energy without being able to heat your home to your liking. As such, relying solely on a heat pump for heating in these areas may cause discomfort during the coldest months.
As a result, many Edmonton homeowners choose dual-fuel systems, which integrate a heat pump with a furnace or another backup heating source. This enables automatic switching between the two systems with respect to outdoor temperatures, ensuring maximum comfort and efficiency, particularly during cold spells.
That said, your budget will determine whether you install a backup heating system alongside a heat pump. While heat pumps provide long-term energy savings, installing a backup system will come with an extra cost.
Therefore, we recommend homeowners schedule a consultation appointment with the team at Romaniuk Heating and Air Conditioning to get a better idea about what options are available. If an existing air-conditioning or heating system fails during a heat wave or cold snap, we also provide same-day and next-day installation appointments!
Do you want to save money on new equipment? Please inquire about our special offers and financing options! One of our home comfort advisors will even provide you with a free new system purchase quote!
Can I add a heat pump to my existing furnace?
Yes, you can combine a heat pump with your existing furnace to create a “hybrid” heating system. This configuration incorporates the cost-effectiveness of a heat pump with the dependability of a furnace, enabling you to easily switch between the two depending on weather conditions and energy costs. The advantages of adding a heat pump to your furnace include:
· Energy Efficiency: You are able to benefit from a heat pump’s high efficiency during mild weather conditions, potentially lowering your heating costs.
· Consistent Comfort: The dual-fuel system keeps your home warm no matter what the outside temperature is.
· Cost Savings: By using the heat pump when it is most efficient and the furnace when necessary, you can maximize your energy use and possibly save money on heating costs.
In order to evaluate your existing furnace, determine compatibility with a heat pump, and ensure proper installation, consult with a qualified HVAC technician in Edmonton like the ones at Romaniuk Heating and Air Conditioning for assistance!
Call and schedule a consultation appointment with one of our Home Comfort Advisors at Romaniuk Heating and Air Conditioning in Edmonton to learn more about our current discounts and financing options! Homeowners will also get a complimentary new system purchase quote during their at-home consultation appointment! We look forward to partnering with you!
Can heat pumps use existing ductwork?
Yes, heat pumps can often utilize existing ductwork in a home. However, there are a couple of factors to consider beforehand:
· Duct Condition: The ductwork will need to be in good condition, with no major leaks, damage, or excessive dirt and debris. Leaky ducts can result in energy loss and decreased efficiency.
· Duct Size and Design: The ductwork should be correctly sized and constructed to accommodate the capacity of the heat pump. Changes may be required in some cases to ensure proper integration and optimal performance.
· Ductwork Compatibility: Depending on the type of heat pump you have and how it operates, your existing ductwork may or may not be suitable. Specific systems may necessitate special duct configurations or adjustments.
If you are unsure whether or not your home’s current duct system would be compatible with a new heat pump system, we highly suggest reaching out to a professional and experienced HVAC company in Edmonton for assistance. A certified HVAC technician should be able to inspect your existing ductwork and determine its current condition and suitability for a heat pump installation. They can also advise on any necessary changes or upgrades to ensure optimal performance moving forward.
Therefore, if you’re thinking about installing a new heat pump in your Edmonton home but aren’t sure whether your current air duct system would work, please do not hesitate to reach out to the team at Romaniuk Heating and Air Conditioning for assistance!
The team at Romaniuk Heating and Air Conditioning is available 24/7/365 days a year for repairs appointments! That includes after-hours, weekends, and holidays at no extra cost to you, ever! Furthermore, if you want to save money on your new heat pump equipment, make sure to ask us about our fantastic seasonal discounts and financing options to offset some initial costs!
Call and speak to a member of our team directly, or book your consultation appointment in Edmonton with us online! All at-home consultation appointments with our professional home comfort advisors include a complimentary new system purchase quote! We look forward to partnering with you!
We stand behind our work and our people. For up to 2 years from the day we install a new heating or cooling unit, we will repair, replace, or refund anything necessary until you are 100% satisfied. That’s our guarantee to you.
“Called at 8:00 because our furnace wasn’t pumping out any heat. Had a technician at my door by 10:00! The technician (Cory) called at 9:30 to confirm address and time. Cory was masked and kept socially distant. He was informative and quickly diagnosed and replaced the defective valve. Site was left clean and I received a detailed report of his work. Personable and professional. I would recommend Romaniuk and would use them again. Actually I will because I signed up for their annual maintenance program.”
“We are very pleased with all the services, Chris who came out and set it all up, one week later Tyler and Michael did the job in one day!! Very nice people, very informative, VERY efficient…Thank You!!”