Romaniuk Heating & Air Conditioning requires energetic, motivated and career-minded boiler technicians working in Commercial applications to be responsible for performing onsite maintenance, installs and repairs to conventional/condensing boilers.
- professionally service equipment, accessory items, in accordance with manufacturer specifications and local codes. Troubleshoot, repair and maintain equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance.
- preventative and corrective maintenance, inspections, modifications, installation/dismantling of systems and projects; and troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairs of commercial equipment.
In addition, Commercial Boiler Technicians will:
- Monitor the environment and systems status of the heating, ventilation, air conditioning and associated systems within the building on an ongoing basis.
- Prepare reports on the performance of the system.
- Respond to equipment malfunctions by initiating the appropriate diagnostic procedures, determining remedial steps to be taken to resolve the problem and performing necessary repairs as required.
- Establish and maintaining energy conservation and other automated procedures to optimize the comfort and economy within buildings.
- Perform chiller and cooling tower operations and maintenance procedures.
- Ensure the safety of all personnel and building users during maintenance and repair procedures.
- Provide inspectional and diagnostic services on mechanical and associated building systems, compiling reports as necessary.
The Commercial Boiler Technician shall also be responsible for working independently, keeping work areas clean and orderly and for driving Romaniuk vehicles, maintaining a mobile inventory of parts and tools.
- Give customers the red-carpet treatment?
- Recommend additional services or treatments to make their home more comfortable?
- Provide quality service and are committed to being a master of your trade?
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Ensure customers heating, ventilation, and air-condition equipment meets or exceeds municipal building codes and standards.
- Follow all Energy Star installation processes and procedures.
- Educate customers on proper care and maintenance and promote all various HVAC options
- Complete general and specific HVAC equipment inspections
- Maintain all facility logbooks as per schedule requirements
- Maintain a clean, fully stocked vehicle
- Explain the benefits of newer highly efficient equipment to the customer.
- Promote Romaniuk products and services on every call.
- Must never sell the customer a repair they do not need.
- Provide a five-star experience on every call or make it right before leaving the customers home
- Feel comfortable requesting online reviews from customers.
- A minimum of 10 years commercial boiler experience
- Certified Alberta Journeyman in an appropriate Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning trade and Gas ticket required.
- Must have demonstrated strong technical, customer service skills and company metrics in current and previous roles.
- Mechanic trade and dual tickets are considered assets.
- Plumbing experience an asset
- Valid Class Five (5) Alberta Driver’s License with a clean record
- Clear criminal record
- Comfortable working from heights and using a ladder
- An accountable and responsible personality, delivering high customer satisfaction and has a positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively within a team environment, completing the installation and commissioning of HVAC elements
- Strong customer service skills
- Satisfactory Background Check
At Romaniuk we expect a lot from our technicians. That’s why we’re committed to providing them with industry-leading benefits and compensation that help them get better at their job, while providing for their families, which include:
- Competitive compensation
- Additional incentive earnings available
- Excellent benefits package
- Opportunity for growth
Does this sound like the job for you? If you have the qualifications above, we want to hear from you!
To apply, please contact Laura McPherson [email protected]
Please note that this position requires a Criminal Background Check be completed for potential candidates. This check must be satisfactory in order for an employment offer to be extended unconditionally.