Every homeowner should have a preventative maintenance plan to protect their home's HVAC equipment. Yes, there is a cost associated, but the peace of mind you’ll gain, along with many other benefits, makes it well worth it.
Here we’ll explain what’s included in a typical HVAC service plan, the benefits of an HVAC service plan and recommendations for choosing a service plan provider. By understanding more about what these contracts are and what they offer, you can make a more informed choice.
What are HVAC service plans?
HVAC service contracts are agreements between you and an HVAC service provider where you pay a set annual fee to guarantee the company's ongoing services for your home's HVAC system.
What’s included in an HVAC service plan?
Basic HVAC service plan contracts typically include a checkup and tune-up for your system at the start of the heating and cooling seasons. You can also find contracts which include parts and service for problems found during those checkups and some will even include emergency service. The more services the contract includes, the higher the cost.
Benefits of regular HVAC system maintenance with a qualified technician:
- Improved energy efficiency: a cleaner, unobstructed system means no unexpected maintenance problems
- Cost savings: your system will work better, therefore your utility bills will likely decrease
- Peace of mind: catch problems before they become an emergency
- Durability: extend the life of your equipment
Recommendations for choosing an HVAC service plan:
- Do your research before you sign up for any service contract
- Always read the fine print before signing any HVAC service plan
- Ensure you find a reputable HVAC service provider
Having an ongoing service plan for your HVAC systems ensures that they will perform optimally when you need them. Boonstra offers honest, trustworthy and reliable HVAC service plans to fit different levels of coverage and budgets. Schedule a maintenance appointment today with a Boonstra technician and prevent any future unexpected maintenance problems.